Print This Page | Contact Us | Site Map | Terms of Service




Migrate to the USA
Migrate to Australia
Migrate to New Zealand
Migrate to the UK


We keep you up-to-date
with matching listings

Receive or Cancel Notifications


List Your Property
List Your Business

E2 Visa Program - Investors / Business visa

The E2 is the primary investor visa and there is currently no quota or annual cap, so E2 visas are unlimited in the number available.

An E2 visa basically allows you to buy entry into the USA without actually "immigrating".

The E2 visa is typically issued for two or five year periods.

The E2 can be renewed indefinitely as long as the investor is running the business and it generates "more than enough revenue" to support the investor's family.

The E2 visa also covers the investor's spouse and children under age 21.

Who typically uses the E2 Investor Visa?

  • People who want to purchase a franchise or small business in the USA
  • People who want to retire in America
  • Real estate investors

E2 visa - Treaty Investors

Owner or Developer of the new enterprise from a treaty country that has 50% or more ownership. The Treaty Investor Visa permits citizens of certain countries to reside in the United States through an investment in the U.S.A. The investor must come to manage or oversee the investment.

You can invest in virtually anything or trade in virtually anything.

While some investments of less than $100,000 are approved, its safe to say that the investment capital and reserves should total at least $100,000 - $200,000 and the applicant must be prepared to demonstrate/project that the business will employ at least 3 - 4 persons.

The E2 visa lasts as long as the holder maintains the investment.

Investors must place their funds in the hands of a bank or closing agent who is instructed to release the funds to the seller of the property or business upon visa approval.

Investors developing their own business must come to the US as business visitors to get the business started before applying for the Treaty Investor visa.

E2 visas are considered non immigrant visas. However, once an investor is able to qualify and enter into the U.S. in this category, they are able to look for other opportunities and to apply for green cards and eventually citizenship.

E2 visa holders may only work for themselves or the E visa enterprise.

E2 visas may be extended as long as the E visa enterprise is operating.

E2 visas are generally issued in five year increments.

E2 visa dependent children lose their E visa status when they turn 21 years of age. At that time they need to find another status.

E2 visa holders and dependents may study in the US.

E2 visa holders do not have to live in the US any particular amount of time and may arrange their affairs so they are not subject to world wide taxation.

Getting Residency

Evidence that you have invested or are in the process of investing an amount between $500,000 to $1,000,000.

3 options available, namely:

  • New Commercial enterprise
  • Troubled Business
  • Regional Center programme

Applying for a green Card is a multi step process.

A visa petition submitted to the USCIS Regional Service Centre to show that you either have made or in the process of making a qualifying business investment in the US.

After the petition has been approved you and your accompanying relatives submit your application for Green Cards either at a US Consulate outside the United States or possibily at a USCIS office within the U.S.(option open to Business people who are here legally)

The next stage is an interview at a Consular office in either another country or in the U.S. if you are already in the U.S., at this stage you can be approved for permanent residency.

You must file the Petition on Form I-526. The purpose of this form is to show that you are actually making an investment in a qualified business.

What is needed - Evidence of established lawful active Business OR invested enough in an existing business to make its net worth increase by 40%.

If the business is not a corporation then a notarized affidavit from the official Record keeper of the business. and of course evidence that you transferred capital resulting in a 40% or higher gain in the number on employees.

Note: E-2 visas are available to nationals of Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, China (Taiwan), Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville and Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France (including Martinique, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, and Reunion), Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands (including Aruba and Antilles), Norway (not including Svalbard), Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom. The US has not recognized Serbia-Montenegro, but considers it to be a successor to its treaty with Yugoslavia also.

Go to assessment.

For information on E-2 visas please go to the following links:
E-2 Visa Q & A's
E-2 Visa Process – Help and Steps
Businesses Wanted for E-2 Visa Clients (USA)

Member Login


Not yet a member?
Register Now!

Search INBIB

Search Listing by ID Number
Please Select Category
Business  Properties 

Immigrate to the USA

About the USA

Businesses Wanted for E-2 Visa Clients (USA)

Visa Information
- Permanent Visas
- Temporary Visas
- Business Visas
   - The American Investment Dream
   - USA Business Immigration
   - The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa
   - E-2 Visa Q & A's
   - E-2 Visa Process – Help and Steps
   - EB-5 Green Card Breakthrough Solution

Immigration Assistance
- Immigration Assistance
- Assisting Skilled and Business People
- Migrancy Introductions and the Process / Immigration Requirements
- Disclaimer

Immigration Assessment